Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Playhouse

One of four gifts made by me for the prominent people in my life. This for my dear friend and neighbor, Joanne. She lives a much different life than I do, but we share a love of solace and whimsy. This year has been a 'task' for her and this little house, her childhood playhouse built by her father represents beginnings, endings and beginning again...memories pleasant and a little painful.

The house endured the undertaking of being moved from her past to her present life and judging by her reaction to her gift, I think I captured its history along with the sentiment of our friendship, the spirit of our giving and the season. I have once again, used a photo of mine from a favorite spot in my little town as background...the crow, how I love their stature, representing transition.

..."you really know how to pull the rug out from under my feet!", she spoke, teary-eyed.

No comments: